It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
(female)

Riane HB User
Best otc nasal decongestant?

I have a sinus infection with severe nasal congestion. I have been taking Sudafed PE, which hasn't worked at all. I can't taste anything or smell even the most strong and unpleasant smells. I would like some relief so I can't sleep at night. My question is: what is the best otc nasal decongestant in your opinion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
(male)

hp8 HB User
Re: Best otc nasal decongestant?

Why don't you ask the pharmacists for the original Sudafed which contains puesdoepherine. It's the Sudafed without the PE on the labelling. Can get the 60mg version or the 12 hour 120mg version pill form. The PE doesn't work for me either, even my pharmacist complains about it. The nasal sprays like Dristan and Otrivin work well too but use very sparingly, no more than 3 days or so, or you will end up with some bad rebound congestion. Maybe a visit to the doctor might be in order, especially if you have some coloured discharge.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread