It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2007, 08:34 AM   #1
(male)

ashwin81 HB User
Pill stuck in throat

I took a herbal supplement pill yesterday after lunch. I took it the way I always do but this time, it got stuck in my throat. Anyway, after gagging a bit it somehow moved away from the wind pipe but it's still stuck there. I don't feel any pain, however I am very aware of it's presense.

I tried eating a granola bar, a muffin, a banana, 3 bottles of water. Nothing helps. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
(female)

state808 HB User
Re: Pill stuck in throat

Did anyone answer your post? I know it was written in June..its now July. I know you are probably okay now.
But always remember when you have something stuck in your throat and it wont come out after everything you have tried. You have to go to a ENT right away. Never just let anything be stuck in your throat like that.

aloha

Last edited by state808; 07-17-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
(male)

ashwin81 HB User

hey there

aloha to you too . yes i waited for a few days before going to ER. by then the pill had dissolved but the doctor in ER told me that I had a bad throat infection which was why the pill got stuck in the first place. She prescribed doxycycline antiobiotics and gave me an injection in my butt. My throat's ok now, thanks!

Last edited by ashwin81; 07-17-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
(female)

skych8ser HB User

I had a pill stuck in my throat today and tried all of the suggestions on this board and others. I tried drinking a ton of water including very hot water. Tried drinking soda. Tried eating bread...which I don't recommend, it wasn't very pretty and just made it worse. After giving in to what appeared to be a waiting game, I decided to try ice cream. After two bites, the pill went down! That's just my experience but if it every happens again, I'm going right to Ben and Jerry's!!!

Closed Thread