It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

lady99 HB User
Post-op Visit -- Tonsillectomy/Septoplasty

I had my 2 week post-op visit today with my doctor. I didn't have to see him sooner because my septoplasty didn't require nasal splints. He said that my throat looked great and that my nose was also healing nicely. I still see white streaks from the scabbing, and I mentioned that my throat is still sore. He said that I may feel soreness for another couple of weeks - especially when I yawn or after chewing alot.

Lab results stated that my tonsils were large and very inflamed. He also told me that they had a large accumulation of particles, etc., because of the large pockets or crypts.

I'm not telling you guys this to gross you out, as many of us have these same complaints.... but instead to let you know that I think my tonsils were in worse condition than I thought they were. I had gotten used to living with the nagging inflamation, the white tonsil stones, etc.

Being a 46 yr. young adult, I've thought about having this surgery many times over the years and changed my mind due to the difficult recovery. I have to say that I am SO GLAD that I had it done. Now, it's over, and I'm looking forward to feeling better.

As for the nose, there is still a lot of internal swelling which may take 4 - 6 weeks to completely go down. The septum is straight now, and I should continue to see a noticable difference with breathing.

This message board has been so helpful... Thank you!! It is great to talk to others going through the same situation and following each other's progress through recovery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
(female)

Samantha88 HB User
Re: Post-op Visit -- Tonsillectomy/Septoplasty

It's really great to hear that you are glad you had the surgery, even after all the pain. I'm looking forward to feeling better, too!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #3
(female)

nikkers76 HB User
Re: Post-op Visit -- Tonsillectomy/Septoplasty

That's great news Lady99. Here I am whinging about having just a tonsillectomy and you had TWO surgeries to deal with! Go you! Just this morning, I was sitting here at the computer sobbing and trying to tell my sister "I hate this tonsillectomy thing!", but you've been through even worse. Bless ya cotton socks!

The frequency of my bouts of tonslitis were getting less and less but the severity was increasing dramatically. When I spoke to my doctor in recovery he told me that my tonsils were shocking, so clearly, like yourself mine were worse than I thought. It's also really great to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel because as many of us know, it feels like a process that is never going to end. We probably have all done ourselves a big favour, even though it doesn't feel like it when you're recovering.

Last edited by nikkers76; 07-11-2007 at 12:24 AM.

Closed Thread