It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

MadamRosmerta HB User
Please help- question about scabbing

Hi,
I had my tonsillectomy performed 10 days ago. (To those of you who are suffering, there is hope I feel MUCH better today then I have.) I was wondering what your tonsils look like after the scabbing has come off, are they red or white? I have been coughing up what I thought has been scabbing and thought I was finished with that process, but realized that I had also possibly contracted thrush and believe not only my tongue but my tonsils were covered with the infection. Since I have been able to ingest some yogurt the symptoms have greatly lessened. However, my tonsils, or where my tonsils used to be are still a milky white this goes to the point where my uvula is. If anyone has any information or knows from personal experience what their tonsils looked like after they were finished with the scabbing process please let me know. I called my doctor's office but the lady I spoke with didn't seem to understand what I was talking about, and when I had called I still was in alot of pain and wasn't able to try and explain it more.
Thank you so much for your help!
-Natalie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread