It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
(female)

ladynight HB User
Question Tinnitus Help Please

Does anyone here suffer from Tinnitus? Do you know what can be done to help it and if you had something done did it help you and what did you have done. Looking for all diffrent types of help for this including alternative medicine.
Thank You
Lady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
(female)

travelgarden HB User
Re: Tinnitus Help Please

Research on ****** - Meniere's Disease or tinnitus. I was just told I had a permanent degenerative hearing loss, with terrible "reverb" with crowds, noises etc. and some tinnitus at night. Went for a 2nd opinion in Chicago and told a whole different story - form of Meniere's called Cochlear hydrops. MANY people have tinnitus in many different forms from what I have heard and read. If not satisfied with your doctor, do get a 2nd opinion. Mine problem is a salt retention/fluid problem in the cochlea. Also, with me, aspirin and sometime ibuprophen will cause tinnitus. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
(male)

nebbarton HB User

I agree. You should try many different medecines first and find out which types increase the Tinnitus as well as which, if any decrease it. Some people react differently, so before you rule it out, you should try it first, the only thing I recommend avoiding alltogether is Naproxen, but if you want to try it, do it in small amounts. It is hard on the stomach, and rarely has any positive effect on the ears. I havee severe, chronic Tinnitus caused by invasive surgeries and Alprazolam has helped decrease both the noise level of the Tinnitus as well as the stress I feel from it. But it may not work for you that way.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 AM   #4
(female)

DeeDee123 HB User

Has anyone noticed that when the noise from Tinnitus is at it's worst, that you seem stressed more, short tempered, impatient, and have somewhat of an upset stomach.? this all seems to be a trend with mine. I have good day's and bad day's. I had a cold about 2 yrs ago, the cold went away but the ringing in my head stayed. but some day's it's not as bad. Doc's say I will not hear it anymore when I loose my high pitch hearing. Not quite the solution I was looking for, but! I am learning to deal with it (along with the help of meds) This is a terrible thing to deal with. Any solutions / help form anyone is greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread