It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
(female)

Amanda121203 HB User
Medicine Question

So I had my pre op appointment today and I asked the doctor if he was going to be giving me liquid pain meds after my surgery and he told me no that he was going to be giving percocet and it's only in pill form. He said it's because percocet is stronger than most liquid medications so I'm wondering what is the best method to be able to swallow it without it being excruciating for me!?!?! Any advice would help!!
Amanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
(female)

Miccolene16 HB User
Re: Medicine Question

Amanda- I had my surgery three weeks ago and I requested percocet. However, my doctor did not feel I needed something that strong and prescribed me liquid vicodin. By day three I was in so much pain and throwing up, I went to a different doctor to get percocet in pill form. I crushed it up on a spoon and put it in a bite of applesauce. Sometimes it hurt to get down, but it was so much better than anything else I had tried. By day 8 I could swallow it in pill form. My boyfriend had the pill form too and didn't have any problems swallowing from day one, everyone is different.

Trust me, you will want the percocet. It is the strongest, it is the best. Good luck with the surgery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
(female)

Amanda121203 HB User

Thank you Miccolene... I never thought about crushing it up and mixing it with applesauce!! I will deffinantly use that idea!!
Amanda

Old 07-13-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
(female)

sweetiee98 HB User

Amanda,

I have heard of people successfully using applesauce! Unfortunatley for me, I was unable to swallow it without it getting stuck in my throat. (but i had liquid meds ,too)
I just thought that maybe pudding IF the applesauce didn't work.......just a suggestion......when is your surgery?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
(female)

Amanda121203 HB User

Thank you Sweetie!!! Those are two things I have deffinantly stocked up on are pudding and apple sauce... I hope it at least masks the taste alittle bit because the thought of crushed up pills gives me the willy's!! HAHA

Closed Thread