It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

Jennifer5718 HB User
Yea! Surgery is over!

It is over! Surgery was this morning and I think I am doing well. I had two smoothies, a cup of applesauce, and all of my water for the day already! The meds my Dr. gave me (Oxyfast Elixir) and I am scared to take it because of the way the morphine made me feel in the hospital . I asked him do give me Tylenol 3 as well and I have taken that. I took 15 ml. I am curious of the meds you all were prescribed and if they worked. Thank you for your help everyone!!!!! You are all angels

Old 07-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
(female)

sweetiee98 HB User
Re: Yea! Surgery is over!

Glad to hear all went well, and that you are doing well! Just keep on drinking water, water , water! lol
I had tylenol 3, and it seemed to work just fine for me.
Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
(female)

Jennifer5718 HB User

What was your dosage for the Tylenol 3?

Old 07-16-2007, 06:55 AM   #4
(female)

Jennifer5718 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiee98 View Post
Glad to hear all went well, and that you are doing well! Just keep on drinking water, water , water! lol
I had tylenol 3, and it seemed to work just fine for me.
Good Luck!
Okay, this is really starting to hurt now! You did this whole recovery on Tylenol 3? How much? My throat is so sore and my jaw hurts and is swollen. Any advice?

Old 07-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
(female)

sweetiee98 HB User

The biggest dosage I took was 4 tsp every 4 hours. I took that for 4 or 5 days and then I started going down on the dosage. BUT I never had jaw pain or swelling of the jaw.....
Im sorry you are having such a rough time! Maybe you should call and ask the doctor about the jaw thing........and the pain.........perhaps he could prescribe you something different/stronger?
I'll be praying for you!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
(female)

Jennifer5718 HB User

I have something stronger already... he prescribed me Oxyfast Elixir but I don't want to take it because it is so strong. I asked for the T3. The jaw pain is from having my mouth held open I think. My tongue is sore and a bit swollen from talking so much. My T3 says every 6 hours, not 4-6... I wish it was 4-6! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #7
(female)

kikibrown01 HB User

I had my tonsillectomy on July 2nd and still am not out of the woods yet. Started to bleed heavily Saturday night while sleeping, anyway, I must have swallowed over a liter, so that is what woke me up as you can't digest your own blood so easy. Anyway, I wanted to tell you for the pain, all of my meds said 6 hours, but they don't begin to last that long. I took my meds at 3.5 to 4 hour intervals. They all have Tylenol in them with a small amount of hydrocodone. Tylenol can be administered every four hours. Also, depending on the medicine, you can add a extra strength tylenol to your dose. My liquid lortab had 500 mg tylenol and 7.5 mg hydrocodone, so I would add 1/5 a tylenol with it so I was taking 750 mg of extra strength tylenol. I will say a prayer for you, as I hoped people were saying them for me and a quick recovery. I am just hoping I don't hemorrage again, and that my scabs will fall off w/o any more pain. I just want to be normal again.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
(female)

Jennifer5718 HB User

I am sure you will not hemorrhage again, it is just not likely so don't even worry about it. I bet you will wake up tomorrow morning and feel like you are on your way back to normal... I promise.

Closed Thread