| | I've been really sick the past week, and I don't know what it is.
This just started last Tuesday (7/10) and I still haven't gotten a bit better yet, regardless of all the medications I've been taking. Well, I guess I'll go ahead and list what's been wrong.
- Very sore throat (feels just like strep throat)
- Lots of sinus pressure and nasal congestion (to the point where it's hurting and watering my eyes up)
- Can't breathe through my nose due to the pressure
- Runny nose
- Blowing a lot of mucus out of my nose every 10-15 minutes
- Coughing non-stop
- Coughing up mucus constantly
- Have had a fever of 100-100.5 about twice a day for the past week
- Really cold chills and shivering, usually lasting about 20 minutes each time
I have no idea what it is... if it's strep throat and a summer cold combined, really bad allergies, or what. The sinus pressure is getting unbearable it hurts so much. I can't stop coughing regardless of the cough medicine I've been taking. None of the allergy medicine has stopped the sinus pressure, runny nose, etc. I've been taking Amoxicillin for my throat, but it is still hurting very badly. I've been taking Tylenol to get my fevers down whenever it goes up, and it's been working okay. I haven't been able to talk much because of how sore my throat is and because I'm so hoarse. And since I've been having to blow my nose so hard each time (because of the pressure), my ears have been popping non-stop, I'm hearing a ringing noise, and it's hard to hear much.
I can't go to the doctor because I currently have no insurance (19, not enrolled in summer classes, no benefits from my job), so I need to get over this quickly so I can go back to work. I've been out since Wednesday and can't afford to miss more than two more days.
If anyone thinks they may know what's been causing me to be so sick and how to cure it, I'd greatly appreciate it.