It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 07:06 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Swollen Node/Gland at Jawline where it meets ear

as some of you have read, my husband has a swollen node or gland right by his jaw line where it meets the ear on his right side. he also has an ingrown hair on his cheek directly across from the swollen area which is a bit larger than a pea. he thinks he noticed these two issues at teh same time. so, i wanted him to go to the dr to have it checked out...i did ALOT of reading on nodes/glands in that area and it's so scary! he has no other symptoms..no fatigue, no other nodes swollen (dr felt him all over today). dr said it was probably just due to the ingrown hair/zit on his cheek since it's on the same side and if it's not gone in a month to come back....i am concerned as to why he didn't walk out of there with antibiotics! that should be the course of action so i've read with something like this. to see if the node reacts well to antibiotics...eliminates possibility of anything more serious. i told my husband if it doesn't go down in TWO weeks (not four) he's seeing another primary care dr...or even an ENT.

i just worry that we're blowing this off as nothing...i truly hope it is but with ALL the reading i've done i've realized that this can be the only symptom of lymphoma...hodgkins or NHL. am i overthinking this?

nervous here....i do have an 8 month old baby girl.....can't imagine anything happening to her daddy or to my best friend. i know i should be thankful that dr told him it's the node fighting off the infected hair but.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
(female)

unfortunate HB User
Re: Swollen Node/Gland at Jawline where it meets ear

if you're really worried about it, go see another doctor!
i can't give you any advice as to what it could be or what you could do, because i know nothing about this sort of thing -
but, wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry?
a second opinion won't hurt! heck, it might even give you some relief!

good luck!

Closed Thread