It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
(female)

kitty1625 HB User
Question Daughter with constant sore throat and swollen glands..need help!!

I'm hoping someone out there can give me some possible ideas on what is going on with my daughter (she is 15 years old). She has had a sore throat and swollen neck glands off and on for over 2 months. I've taken her into the doctor 4 times, they keep testing for mono and it has come back negative 3 times. They have also tested for strep which also comes back negative. The last time she went in (her throat was very swollen and she couldn't breath through her mouth) was alittle over 2 weeks ago and they put her on an antibiotic and steroids which helped but now she is complaining of her throat hurting again and that her glands in her neck are getting bigger. Does anyone out there have any other ideas on what she could have besides mono?? Thanks!!!!!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
(female)

JustJulie HB User
Re: Daughter with constant sore throat and swollen glands..need help!!

I suffered with cronic strep my whole life, even hospitalizeda few times. My glands are always swollen. However, it doesn't sound like thats your daughters problem. I would have her in to see her reg.MD for a full check-up. I had asked my brother (who is a doctor ) and he said it can be a number of things. All of which I wont say, she needs to have some lab work done asap.Please keep in mind...the sooner we address problems, the sooner a solution may be found. Best of luck to you and your family.

Last edited by JustJulie; 09-14-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread