It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User
Tonsil surgery by lazer

I was curious how many of you had your tonsils removed by lazer? My tonsils are quite big but one of them is slightly bigger than the other. Yes, I have been concerned about lymphoma but I have been dealing with this problem for about 3 years now and it hasn't gotten any bigger or worse. I also had this problem right after having mono back then so I must think it contributes to this. So anyways, tonsil removal by lazer? Does it work, I know it doesn't get rid of it all but its better than what they look like now cause it depresses me. And after that are any of you still getting tonsil stones? I find those to be gross and I want them GONE. Please let me know what you think. I'm also 24 year old female..dont smoke..occasional drinker..blah blah.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
(female)

beckhamhome HB User
Re: Tonsil surgery by lazer

I had the laser tonsillectomy in July. He told me he would take off about 80-85 percent. Mine were so large that the laser only took off 70 percent on the right side and about 50 percent at the most on the left side. He told me he wants to hold off redoing them for now, because he thinks I will not have any more infections. I think they need to be redone. I will say that I definitely have more airway than I used to have. I can swallow larger pills than I could. So, basically, they are better than they used to be, but still not where I want them to be. I'm debating now on whether to have them redone, or just go for the coblation tonsillectomy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
(female)

Melly724 HB User

Hi . I am in the same situation as you. I am 27 years old and i have huge tonsils. I'm always feeling fatigue and sick. I also have tonsil stones which is driving me crazy and self conscious. I been to 2 ent doctors and they suggest a traditional tonsillectomy. But i would like to get a consult with a doctor that does laser. For those that had the co2 laser tonsil ablation ... do tonsil stones stll appear? Does the procedure hurt? Is it worth it? PLease write back!

Old 11-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
(female)

beckhamhome HB User

The procedure itself does not hurt, but you do have some pain for a few days afterward. Yes, I still have tonsil stones, in fact it opened a huge crypt in one of my tonsils. Is it worth it? I'm still debating that. I don't have as many infections, but they still hurt from the tonsil stones. I do feel that I'll probably have to have the full procedure later.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
(female)

Melly724 HB User

Thanks for responding! Well it kinda sucks that the laser surgery does not solve the tonsil stone situation, but i'm glad you get less infections. I 'm afraid of doing the traditional surgery. i'm totally confused now, not sure if i should bother proceding with the co2 laser tonsil ablation. Does anybody have some feedback about this?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
(male)

aceman626 HB User

I am also looking into the CO2 laser. Basically, I don't have tonsil stones or bad infections or anything, just one of my tonsils is quite large and obstructing my ability to swallow food. I feel nausea almost constantly and its hard for me to eat, and I not it's not a mental thing because I can feel it coming exactly from that one tonsil and not the other side.

It does gets dry and scratchy tho, and there's phlegm constantly from around that tonsil.

The other side of my throat is strangely 100%fine, that side's tonsil just disapppeared or something.

So I am thinking about getting laser done on the bad tonsil, do you guys think it will be effective? I think any reduction in size should help lessen the feeling of nausea when eating.

Closed Thread