It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

tonsilfree06 HB User
post tonsillectomy taste

I am almost FIVE MONTHS post-tonsillectomy and i am still noticing this metallic taste when I eat. I've been snooping around the internet and agree with what others say -- it seems to affect the sweet taste the most and dry things like cookies, cake, bread. From what everyone says, it's damage from the tools/clamps used during the tonsillectomy and yes, I can feel that it seems to be from the very back of my tongue. At first I thought it was from an allergy medication but I have not taken any medications for a month and it's still happening. Most of the posts are from people who are only a few weeks out from their tonsillectomy, not five months out. Has anyone regained their full taste even after five months? I'm very distressed about it.

Closed Thread