It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
(male)

Kis86 HB User
can anyone help me? I cannot breathe correctly sometimes? and my voice changed really

really bad plz help!!!

Thanks if you came in here...for about 2 1/2 months now....I had a change in my voice really bad and I can't breathe as good as I could before this too....it sitll hasn't gone away yet! I'm very concerned and this is tkaing over my life completetly! I don't want nobody to hear the wayi sound now cuz it sounds nothing lie me....and it feels like what's affecting my voice and bretahing is down at the bottom of my throat or in my vocal cords? It's I think maybe flem ya know my spit....but it's been tsuck there for 2 1/2 months so could it still be that...it won't move unless I really hard try to clear my throat but seconds later it comes back......I went to a ENT specialt and they don't help just say it acid reflux or allergies and it ain't neither neither medicine is working...I will be seeing him again Nov.1st but nothing is helping i'm worrie dthey won't find out what is wrong..I can't live with my life like this at 21 years old...it's taking my life away! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! It just won't go away! Thanks again and if it is flem how do I get it out of my voice box or where I breathe it just feels stuck there...I have to drink hot tea and then clear my throat really bad for some of it to go away but then it never really does it come right back? I don't know how to describe it but it the most horriflying and annoying thing I ever went though in my life!!! Any help would be appreciated greatly! what is it? and why won't it go away after so long 2 1/2 months! What should I try or do and what is it?

is it post nasal drip
sinus infection
upper respiratory infection
etc. i'm really worried and I know for sure it ain't acid reflux or allergies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

CarlGonz1 HB User
Re: can anyone help me? I cannot breathe correctly sometimes? and my voice changed re

Sorry! I missed it.

I think it sounds like reflux with allergies. You'll be surprised at how it can have an impact on your voice. What does it sound like? You're so worried!

Last edited by CarlGonz1; 10-27-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
(male)

Kis86 HB User
Re: can anyone help me? I cannot breathe correctly sometimes? and my voice changed re

no it ain't acid reflux trust me...any help would be greatly appreciated! I said that it feels like flem is stuck in the back of my throat or vocal cords and where I breate like I'm not breathing correctl anymore....I tried to cough or spit it out or up or clear my throat but nothing works and only clearing the throat helps once in a great while...

Plz any help i'm going crazy here! It has been lasting for over 2 1/2 months! Really I can't take it no more! Someone plz help and thanks

Old 10-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

CarlGonz1 HB User

Well, you're wrong.

Your vocals are swollen. It's caused by allergies or reflux issues, as your doctor indicated. Problem is that the meds they gave you have probably made it worse and tend to dry out the cords even more causing more swelling. Then the mucus tends to drip and stick causing those feelings.

You need to return to the ENT and discuss this. Alternatives may be available, but relax! You're working yourself up greatly over this. Calm down. You sound fine to me!

Trying to cheer you up!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
(male)

Kis86 HB User

ok i'm just saying your wrong about the acid reflux was because they did a barium swallow on me and the results sais I didn't have acid reflux...and I was taking Nexium for like 3 weeks for no reason when I didn't even have it...so he took me off it and put me on a allergie medicine which is causing dry mouth and throat...but again it ain't working just causing more problems!!! Maybe this is a upper respiratory infection? could it be? I just wanna sound like me again! IU keep on clearing my throat but it very raely helps to get the mucos or whatever it is off my vocal cords way at the bottom of my neck...it's at the bottom of it...my vocal cords reach down there too right? I'm just afraid I have been straining my voice for so long since this started that evetnually I will sound like this forever...and no one will wanna be around me cuz I sounds horrible..when I used to have a very attractive voice...so any help could be appreciated!!! Plz help is needed! Thanks

Old 10-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

CarlGonz1 HB User

Yes, your vocal cords reach down there too.

ok, on the reflux issue, but allegies can cause what you're experiencing. I'm trying to keep you calm because aniety is only going to make things worse and cause other immune reactions.

Can you get another appointment to the ENT?

What about your lower tonsils? What did they say? Did they scope the thorat?

Old 10-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #7
(male)

Kis86 HB User

yeah I saw him twice.....the first time I told him how I felt and he took a look and said he wanted me on acid reflux medcine and some nasal spray...so I used both of those for like 3 weeks to 3 and 1/2 weeks and nothing worked out just a side effect of really dry mouth and throat....so I went back to him and he didn't even look down my throat again with the scope and wanted me to take allerigie pills this time which ain't workin also he scheduled me with a barium swallow appointment which I got back with the results and said there was no acid reflux, etc.things that were wrong but it did say this "on dreinking the barium swallow there was persistent deep penetration into the supraglottic space" whatever that means I have no idea! Everything else said it was normal...the thing is I feel like dry mucos sticky mucos that will not move from my vocal cords and is blocking them at the very bottom of my neck and it's making it hard for me to breathe...the only time it goes away or gets a lil bit better is when i'm drinking some really hot liquid like hot tea, or hot coco and then while drinking it clear my throat as hard as I can which moves it away from the vocal cords a lil bit but then a few seconds later it comes back or gets back on the vocal cords changing them again and making a lil bit more unbearable to breathe....also this has lasted a lil bit over 2 and 1/2 months and is taking away my life...any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Old 10-28-2007, 04:11 AM   #8
(male)

JesseA HB User

I was JUST reading about larynx cancer, two of the symptoms were infact a feeling of a lump in throat, and difficulty breathing.

You`re young; but has your dr checked you for tumors?

Last edited by JesseA; 10-28-2007 at 04:11 AM.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
(male)

Kis86 HB User

yeah he put a scope down my throat and said everything looked fine but only one time....

the thing is I don't think it's larynex cancer because it's way at the bottom of my neck where my throat ends...I have to drink something really hot like tea boiled, or hot coco while the tea works better and then clear my throat right after drinking a sip as hard as I can and then it goes a way a lil bit like part of my voice comes back and I can breathe better...I think it's phelm...but why does it go back even when I egt rid of it a lil bit? It's ticky? It can't be cancer right your scaring me...the doctor said everything looks good....but really it ain't he told me the 2nd time I visited him that if he can't find out what it is most likely it's muscle spasms due to anixety which is bull@(#$& right? I can feel phelm in the bottom of my throat! This is really taking away of my life...it's gets the worse when I wake up in the morning too...so if anyone can help me out here I would really appreciate it! Thanks again

Old 10-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #10
(male)

Kis86 HB User

ok can anyone really help me out i'm going crazy here....it has lasted over 2 and 1/2 months and it's driving me crazy and is taking my life away! I feel like my throat is tight at the bottom I think? And I can't breathe a lil bit and also my voice changed really dramatically! I can't take it any help would be greatly appreciated! I don't know i it's flem or what now...i'm going crazy and really worried!!! Somebody help plz!!!!!!!! Thanks

Old 10-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
(male)

JesseA HB User

Try drinking 4 bottles of water a day for a month and see if it helps.

I get mucous in my throat all the time and it makes my voice raspy and i constantly have to clear my throat. Drinking water, lots of water, clears it up!

Old 10-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #12
(female)

Chefler HB User

I'm just gonna throw my two cents in here based on my recent experiences. You may have a spasm of the cricoid artery (what's called a crycopharyngeal spasm) and I was prescribed Lorazepam to relax the muscle. But eventually that wasn't my problem. The underlying problem to my throat discomfort was a chronically infected lingual tonsil. (Most people have never heard of a lingual tonsil and neither did I until last month.) I know you said your ENT stuck a tube down your nose into your throat - right? Ask him to check both sides - again! The lingual tonsil is located at the back of your tongue (don't go looking for it because you can't see it by looking into a mirror) it's next to the voice box. My symptoms were somewhat like yours but not entirely. That's why I am just throwing this in as another matter to look at. This is just a suggestion based on my recent experiences - this probably doesn't even pertain to you but at least it's another thing that can be ruled out possiby. I'm curious to know what you find out. Good luck!

- LaVonne

Old 10-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
(male)

Kis86 HB User

ok I really hope it ain't spasmodic dysphonia....could I have this!? I really hope not!/ Also how does these problems with your voice start? I had started taking a medication called Risperdal and got my nose pierced around the same time or a lil bit before this even happened...could they have anything to do with it....also if I had spasmodic dysphonia how would I know? WHat would be the systomps and how is it diagnosed?

Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

CarlGonz1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefler View Post
I'm just gonna throw my two cents in here based on my recent experiences. You may have a spasm of the cricoid artery (what's called a crycopharyngeal spasm) and I was prescribed Lorazepam to relax the muscle. But eventually that wasn't my problem. The underlying problem to my throat discomfort was a chronically infected lingual tonsil. (Most people have never heard of a lingual tonsil and neither did I until last month.) I know you said your ENT stuck a tube down your nose into your throat - right? Ask him to check both sides - again! The lingual tonsil is located at the back of your tongue (don't go looking for it because you can't see it by looking into a mirror) it's next to the voice box. My symptoms were somewhat like yours but not entirely. That's why I am just throwing this in as another matter to look at. This is just a suggestion based on my recent experiences - this probably doesn't even pertain to you but at least it's another thing that can be ruled out possiby. I'm curious to know what you find out. Good luck!

- LaVonne
Hey! That's exactly what is being removed in my case. The lingual tonsil. It's what caused the change and strange sounds from my vocal cord.

Kis86, anyway to get a new ENT, at least for a 2nd?

Old 10-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #15
(male)

Kis86 HB User

this has ruined the past 2 and 1/2 months since this happened to me...if anyone can help me with any info I would greatly appreciate it! I seem to strain my voice everytime I talk! I don't know what it is from I can't sing anymore when I used to have a wonderful singing voice....so what exatcly is it you had and how long did you go on sounding horse and raspy before you knew what it was? What do you think I have and how do they even diagnose you with Spasmodic Dysphonia? Thanks

Closed Thread