It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

lindsaydouglas HB User
swollen base of throat

I have had a swollen throat for about 2 weeks now. And it isn't your typical swollen throat. It feels like I have a golf ball lodged in the front of my throat where the throat meets your clavicle and I have constant mucas drainage. I have NO swollen glands, cough, fever, or nasal congestion. This swollen throat has made it diffuicult to breathe normally and my upper chest and neck feel very tight. I went to the doctor and he quickly diagnosed my condition without looking at my throat as laryngitus and possible epiglottitis. He prescribed the Z-pac and sent me on my way. I am a little worried that he might have overlooked a more serious condition or maybe I am just being paranoid. I am as far as I know a healthy 28 year old female that doesn't smoke or use drugs. Any suggestions on what my condition might be????

Old 12-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #2
(female)

italian38 HB User
Re: swollen base of throat

Do you have any other symptoms? Did the doc do blood work to rule out the thyroid. I was diagnosed with Graves disease 10 years ago and I had a huge lump, GOITER, in my throat. It did not however, come up over night? But, I was not aware of it for a long time until I look at my neck and actually thought "what is that" The thyroid is located right about where you would see a mans adam apple and then just a little lower.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread