It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

doinket HB User
Sounds like water in my ear...

I have an obnoxious sound in my ear, and it sounds like there's water swishing around in there, but i highly doubt I've had water in my ear for 10 months. It's not constant, but there are certain things that seem to cause it: loud sound, sharp or fast head movements, and putting in earplugs.

It started, I dunno, I think February of 2007, so it's been a while. I was at colorguard practice, on the rifle line, meaning I hurled a wooden rifle into the air as high as i could. lucky me.

Anyway, I was trying a certain toss that spun horizontally and it struck me very hard on the left side of my chin. My chin really didn't hurt, and all i had was a bruise later - but my right ear was in extreme pain. If I wasn't in a room with 20 other girls I would have cried.

I went to the doctors a few weeks later because my right ear was making this weird watery sounding noise, but they found nothing. My hearing was fine. They said there was the possibility that my eardrum was perforated but healed before I got there..? Something like that.

Like I said, it's triggered by loud sounds - either if i sing or someones shouting - by fast head movements (this one not all the time) and at night when my family's being loud and I put in ear plugs. My ear really doesn't like ear plugs, so I try to only put them in my left ear. My left ears fine, by the way.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

doinket HB User
Re: Sounds like water in my ear...

It's worse right after i wake up in the morning, i think. it's not really a problem, i just don't want to learn that i could potentially lose my hearing or something like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread