It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 04:13 AM   #1
(female)

jennabhelpme HB User
White stringy bits in my mouth

Please help me. I have a problem that is really distressing and upsetting me. Every morning I wake up and have white stringy bits in my mouth. They move around my mouth, so settle on gaps between my teeth, along the gum line and on my tongue. I have asked my dentist about it but she didn't have a clue, but said my oral health was excellent with no signs of infection. She advised me to drink more water, but i already drink my 8 glasses a day. I've tried using different tooth pastes, varying the mouthwashes I use and varying the foods I eat late at night but they have no difference. I still get copious amounts of stringy white bits in my mouth every morning.

Please give me some advice as this is really concerning me, and makes me feel sick every morning.

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
(female)

JordanSF HB User
Re: White stringy bits in my mouth

How are your tonsils? If they are infected this could be related. You can also try rinsing out your sinuses to see if that has any affect. You can get a sinus rinsing set-up from any Walgreen's (big drug store). It's painless and if it has an effect you'll know that the strings are related to your sinuses. You may also breathe with your mouth open when you sleep, which could be drying out your mouth and causing problems. Maybe get checked for sleep apnea?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
(female)

pvgilberts HB User
Re: White stringy bits in my mouth

I also have this from time to time. My dentist referred to it as slothing and didn't express any concern over it. It made sense and since it doesn't happen for me very often I was content to not worry about it.

Closed Thread