It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
(male)

wienerbur HB User
Constant ear popping

In August 2006 I was diagnosed with laryngopharyngeol reflux basically throat problems due acid reflux but no heartburn. Ever since then been on medication and went through a lot and even till today I still have symptoms but my ENT now said that my larynx is completely healed but still sensitive so it'll take time till everything is gone, we'll see!

My other problem...since last summer I got this problem where I always have to pop my ears and if I swallow, yawn, or open my mouth a little wide they automatically pop. This is a problem that comes and goes. First I thought it may be due to the reflux since one my symptoms is to always swallow to clear my throat but now I dunno anymore. I did hear about eustuchian tube dysfunction but I don't think so. I don't have any allergies I had allergy test before and catscan of my sinuses and soft neck and all good. So what's up?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
(male)

rdawg6198 HB User
Re: Constant ear popping

Wow, finally someone with similar symptoms to me! I acutually did a double take when I looked at this post to make sure it wasn't something I wrote.

I had a couple of food impactions late last year. No one was really sure what was wrong, though it was a rare disorder, but then found out it was reflux. My ENT says its LPR, but my GI disagreed. I was scoped and dilated twice, with no results. I was on ppi's once a day, then twice, finally three times, with little results. Finally they decided to do a nissen fund. surgery on me last week.

Ever since my first scoping, which is what caused my reflux to become lpr and start affect my larynx. , I have had almost constant ear popping and sinus problems. My PCP said it was post nasal drip, but my ent disagreed. I didn't have much of it the first few days after the surgery, but now it is back full force and actually totally blocked my right ear today, like I was swimming underwater.

Sometimes as well, at the top of my throat, the top swallowing muscle contracts as if I was trying to swallow something, when I have not swallowed anything. Sometimes it also feels like my lymph nodes are inflammed and that my throat constricts, although I can still breathe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread