It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
(female)

amyj1990 HB User
Painkillers After Tonsillectomy

Hey,

I am on Day 5 after my surgery and am in severe pain. I have read through most of the threads about tonsillectomy and have gathered that most of the posters are American. Having had my tonsillectomy done in the UK I was only given paracetamol and ibuprofen to take after my op, not even co-codamol. Everyone else seems to be getting much stronger painkillers. Should i ask my GP for stronger ones?

Also, where the white scabs have fallen off there seems to be now what feels like the ulcers you get if you eat acidic food or something, is this the case?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

The following user gives a hug of support to amyj1990:
Jenna333 (01-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
(female)

Saraw08 HB User
Re: Painkillers After Tonsillectomy

Hey there! Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. It DOES get better! I promise!

I know what you're talking about with the ulcer things though. Like little bumps right? I got them too and still have them. I'm 2 months post op. They don't bug me or anything but I don't know what they are either. Glad to hear someoe else has them though!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

bkris3 HB User

If you are still experiencing a great deal of pain I would definitely talk with your ENT. I was given liquid lortab and antibiotics post op. Also "magic mouthwash" works well for the ulcers. It numbs and it makes your mouth feel so much better. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

There is also a lidocaine gel gargle that works wonders.

Closed Thread