It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
(female)

Rainbowbrite77 HB User
Swollen uvula?

This morning I woke up with a severe dry throat and my hangy ball thing is huuuge! I can feel it on the back of my toungue and it's making me want to gag!
I'm just getting over a chest cold, and my Dr prescribed me ammoxicillan. I took one last night before bed, and woke up with the dry throat and huge swollen hangy ball.

Could this have anything to do with the ammoxicillan? Perhaps some sort of mild reaction? I have no other symptoms (no itching, rash etc). Not to mention I'm 33 weeks pregnant. I'm just wondering if this is something I should have checked out. It figures because I just saw my Dr. Yesterday, and my hangy ball was fine.. now it's huge!

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowbrite77 For This Useful Post:
TracyC1 (02-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
(female)

Funbobbi HB User
Re: Swollen uvula?

No, I wouldn't waist your time having it checked out. I had the same thing happen a couple of months ago. I was really sick back in March with a cold, sinus infection, strep throat. I had the same symptoms as you, swollen uvula that I could feel in the back of my throat. I was on amoxicillan too and it eventually got better. A swollen uvula is not a side effect from the meds. Just keep taking your amoxicillan and you should hopefully feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread