It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 03:27 AM   #1
(male)

Raider72 HB User
lump in throat feeling... feels irritated

I've had this "lump in throat" feeling for almost two weeks now. Not really pain, doesn't hurt, but when I swallow I feel like something is at the back of my throat, and have that yucky mucus feeling as well.... kind of like I feel a flu coming on or sore throat coming but it's not getting worse, or better.... I'm always swallowing and trying to relieve this feeling.... no fever, no headaches, my ears get pluggy once in awhile, can stress/anxiety cause this? allergies? weather? all the above? Normal to last a few weeks?
My doctor looked at my throat and said was fine... no white spots, no redness, glands not swollen..... just an quick info, I do suffer from anxiety and been stressed for about 6 weeks now with aches and worrying.... but that seems to be getting better except my throat is annoying me, and yes feels worse when I wake up.... post nasal drip perhaps as well?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: lump in throat feeling... feels irritated

What you're describing is a common symptom of acid reflux - it can irritate a spot in your throat (which causes that lump feeling) and cause post-nasal-drip.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread