It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 04:37 AM   #16
(male)

SoupGuy84 HB User
Re: Adult Tonsillectomy - My Story..(one of a kind..)

Day 19 - post.op

Haven`t been updating this for a while since nothing special has happened.

This morning was more or less "normal", got up, drank some water and didn`t really feel anything from the "wound"..

I`ve started experimenting a little with more "solid" foods this past days and so far so good.

Yesterday I ate a boiled egg, with some bread(minus the crust ofc.), and for dinner I ate mashed potatoes and gravy(sweeeet!) Not to warm though, still a bit nervous and unsecure..

I am closing in on the 3week mark(wednesday) and that will be a important one. Not because of the physical improvement, but mentally it will give me a confidence-boost. This is also the day for my exam and I plan on bringing some ice-water, just in case..

My throat feels a bit sore on the left side(most recent one..) and it often feels like something is "stuck" in the crater//wound, but I leave it alone. The doc said that if anything gets stuck there, the wound will clean itself, and so far, he`s been right

I still feel a little "thumping" and stinging now and then but I take that as a good sign, a sign that it`s healing..

I will tune in with you guys again on wednesday and give you a "final update". I don`t expect bleeding after 3weeks of careful healing.. and If I do, this will be the first place I go :P

-Have a nice day all

Last edited by SoupGuy84; 05-12-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #17
(male)

SoupGuy84 HB User

Day 21 Post.Op

Hurray! My 3 week mark! I feel that this proves that I infact can heal(I was starting to loose hope..) I had my exam today, and it went fairly well considering I only studied for one day..

Feeling better and better day by day. I`m eating toast now, and learning to chew all over again After 3weeks of drinking all my food I seem to have forgotten..

I absolutely feel good about making it this far, it`s been over a month with nervousness, panic-attacks, drama, ambulances, hospital-stays, tears, joy, frustration, movies, weightloss, moodswings and most importantly, hope.

I haven`t taken the step up to "crispy" food yet, but I`ll get there, in my own time

The fall is to high that I can risk anything now.

This board has been a blessing through tough times, and just a few kind words made my day, so thanks alot! I will prolly peek in now and then to help out others if needed, but I don`t expect to make any big updates in the near future, if something exciting doesen`t happend

I wish all a good and healthy life!

Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #18
(female)

apple17.8 HB User

SG, I'm so happy for you! Yay! What a long road for you, but thank God it DOES end!

Happy Tonsil-Free Healthy Living!

Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
(female)

PittsburghLyn HB User

Hi to all; I am 57 years old. I am 2 weeks post op today. I had the tonsilectomy done as well as the uvula and soft palate lasered ( thinned ) and deviated septum repaired ( septoplasty) all done at the same time.
( due to sleep apnea) Not fun. First 3 days were sheer agony and I have a high tolerance for pain normally. Pretty Horrible recovery, throat was so sore from being lasered extensively. One small chewable ice chip at a time was it for days. I wouldnt do all of the proceedures at once if I had the decision to make again. I Lost 7 pounds in 4 days, But that was an upside. Happy result there.

Suggestion to anyone looking for some: get a blender. Use frozen fruit, if you use milk, do skim, and just get smoothie creative. I tried a million different concocsions. They go down easy, they are nutricious and they go a long way. I also lived on soup, pudding, jello, applesauce, things of that nature. Don't plan on a lot of sleep, and first thing in the morning is the worst. Keep a lot of ice water handy, it feels good and its so important to keep hydrated.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
(female)

PittsburghLyn HB User

I had the emotional "meltdown" as I call it that you spoke of. My poor Pastor had gone to get my rx. filled and he came back in the middle of it ( my meltdown) and he just didnt know what to do for me. I just explained that Its the pain and the anestesia also, Ive heard it will mess with your emotions too, so I just rode it out and then I was fine after I cried it out. You have had quite a bad time of it. I never had bleeding, but I ws lasered, and Ive heard that makes for smaller and faster healing wounds. But then you have the pain of a lasered throat. Its a ride no matter what. And Im older, 57, that wasnt a helpful factor either.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #21
(female)

Crazymel21 HB User

I had mine on Friday afternoon right as my husband was getting home from work. I felt miserable, wanted "REAL" food, and was tired of laying on the couch. He didn't really understand what I was going through but tried to do whatever he could to help make me better. We went out for a little drive and then ordered a pizza - I was able to eat a few pieces which was very exciting to me. Since then I have doing much better, each day gets better and better!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #22
(male)

SoupGuy84 HB User

Day 45(!) - Post.op

2months since I removed them ol` tonsils and I`m starting to get back to normal, still feel some stinging now and then but overall it`s good. It feels like the more I chew "real" food the faster my whole body heals, and also my tissue. I only see new tissue growing where my tonsils used to be, and it`s looking nice

What`s not looking good it the back of my throat. It`s sore and reacts everytime I drink water.. Tap-water or the mountain-type from the store, it`s all the same.. I drink, and then get sore.. ://

Got a Dr. appointment @ tuesday and he may have some solution for it, though I doubt it..

If I should make a conclusion on this surgery I wouldn`t say that it was NOT worth it for me. I genuinly feel stupid for going through it in the first place.. I was living well, exercising regularly, eating everything and feeling great everyday. My only trouble was the mucus in my throat, and that was my main reason for going through with this. Now I have more problems then when I started. The mucus is still there, I have a sore throat and can`t drink anything without burning and I feel dizzy and lightheaded throughout the day..

I hope both crazy and Pitts are feeling good, and I hope you won`t meet any of the problems I have had, cause that`s a road no man or woman should have to take :// Happy healing!

Last edited by SoupGuy84; 06-07-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Closed Thread