It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
(male)

xrox HB User
Sudden Larynx pain??

I woke up in the middle of the night last night to find that it really hurt to swallow (not a sore throat). The pain was not in my throat but rather on the side of my larynx in my neck. It almost seems the problem is mechanical in nature, like my larynx is rubbing on something which causes pain. This got me worried that a mass of some sort was in my neck blocking movement of the larynx. I can't feel with my fingers or see any sort of mass there though. No swelling or any other visual abnormalities of any kind. After 12 hours the pain and discomfort is almost gone but the occasional rubbing of the larynx feeling shows up.

Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
(female)

arogirl HB User
Re: Sudden Larynx pain??

I think I have the same thing, but put it off to a sore throat. I have had it for a few weeks, went to doctor and antibotics have not cleared in up and ideas what it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
(male)

xrox HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arogirl View Post
I think I have the same thing, but put it off to a sore throat. I have had it for a few weeks, went to doctor and antibotics have not cleared in up and ideas what it is.
Sounds like you have an infection or virus or even allergies. In my case my throat is not sore at all. The pain I felt was in the neck around the larynx when I swallow. It felt like a mechanical obstruction. I'm getting better fairly quickly so I am less concerned. I have GERD so some acid may have gotten into the larynx area and inflamed it.

The Following User Says Thank You to xrox For This Useful Post:
Tost (02-05-2012)
Old 05-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
(female)

arogirl HB User

I understand what you are saying, I went to doctor and my throat looked okay to him but he gave me antibiotics. The pain is at the base of my neck on the left side, it is hard to shallow and some particles of food will not go down. I seem to have quite a bit of phegm also which I have never had. It feels like there is a growth or something and I am going back to the doctor because this has gone on for over a month. I'll let you know.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
(female)

arogirl HB User

Still have pain, Dr. put me on Zyrtec for allergy. I've never had an allergy in my life but I am willing to try. I will start it tonight.

Closed Thread