It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
(male)

SoupGuy84 HB User
Question Sore Throat After Tonsillectomy - What do do?

Hi!

I`ve already written a thread about my healing process that you can read here; [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=600184[/url]

I`m currently on my 2 month mark since my first surgery(7th April) and for the past weeks I`ve started getting a sore throat. It happend all of a sudden for about 2-3weeks ago, back at the time I was drinking nothing but water, and only eating babyfoods and proteinshakes. I couldn`t figure out at the time what was causing it, and thought it might have something to do with the water...

I started to drink some grapejuice instead and more milk. It helped a little but I was still pretty sore, and each time I drank a little water it would burn my throat..

I took a peek down my throat and noticed that the left side of my throat(on the pic.) was much more red than the right and I am pretty sure it is the source of my soreness. It seems that it only reacts to liquids, and that water is main culprit, foods, bread, even hot stuff goes down ok.

I cannot understand what the problem is and why I suddenly got it now, I`ve never struggled with sore throat ever before, maybe once or twice every 2years or so.. Also, it doesen`t hurt WHILE I`m drinking, it`s more of an "after effect" if you like... a soreness.

So I`m wondering if any of you have the same, or know what it might be?

I`ve called the doc. and have an appointment this tuesday for some blood tests and to check out what this is.

Also I`m feeling a bit lightheaded and dizzy the last few days, dunno what that`s all about.. maybe my allergies..

I cross my fingers for some good response, please help

Last edited by moderator2; 06-07-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

apple17.8 HB User
Re: Sore Throat After Tonsillectomy - What do do?

SoupGuy, sorry you are having problems still! I have no answers but am curious if that is one of the places where you bled and had to get cauterized?

Last edited by moderator2; 06-07-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
(male)

SoupGuy84 HB User
Re: Sore Throat After Tonsillectomy - What do do?

Hi again apple, how are you? )

Yeah, it seems that I will never get a break ://

The spots you see are located on the "pharynx" or back of the throat.

My tonsils are healing fine I think and new tissue is all over the place, they are not red and doesen`t bother me much any more, just a couple of stings//thumps now&then..

I`m eating meat now, chicken today and tomorrow I`m thinking of eating the first pizza in 60(??) days. Having two walks pr.day for exercise. Just living on the "wild" side these days!

So it`s not all bad. But it`s more annoying than anything that I get lightheaded and a little dizzy even though I eat/drink fine.. That`s why it`s so weird.. people usually have their tonsills REMOVED because of sore throats, and I suddenly get it after ;(

I`ve read about several reasons for the lightheadedness and for the sore throat, I don`t think they have anything to do with eachother however.. and that means I have to figure it out separately :/

I just hope the good`ol doc doesn`t "ignore" my worries, I really need to figure this thing out, especially the lightheadedness. I may be because of allergy, but it could also be something worse like diabetes, or hypoglycemia, which both is affected by bloodsugarlevles. I used to drink Pepsi like a sponge, and now I haven`t for 2months.. I suspect that my body haven`t adapted to that quite yet..

It`s also a pain that I can`t drink plain tapwater.. just when I`ve gotten used to it ;((

Last edited by moderator2; 06-07-2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Closed Thread