It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
(female)

goldeneyez HB User
earwax buildup??

my bf has had a problem hearing in his ear 4 a few days...I looked in his ear and it looks like earwax but it is hard to tell because it is waaaay in there. he tried to use a qtip but nothing was coming out. we looked online and it said to use a few drops of oil to sofen earwax for it to come out easier. he said he cant do that cuz he still has eartubes in from surgery 2 yrs ago. So what can we do then...is it true we cant use anything (oil, water, other chemical) to get ear wax out?
I gave up tring to help. He got out TWEEZERS to try which I told him not to do, so he stopped.
What is there a way to do so as not to have to go to doctors though?!?
Any advise?
Thanks in advance!!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

darcyglu77 HB User
Post Re: earwax buildup??

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneyez View Post
my bf has had a problem hearing in his ear 4 a few days...I looked in his ear and it looks like earwax but it is hard to tell because it is waaaay in there. he tried to use a qtip but nothing was coming out. we looked online and it said to use a few drops of oil to sofen earwax for it to come out easier. he said he cant do that cuz he still has eartubes in from surgery 2 yrs ago. So what can we do then...is it true we cant use anything (oil, water, other chemical) to get ear wax out?
I gave up tring to help. He got out TWEEZERS to try which I told him not to do, so he stopped.
What is there a way to do so as not to have to go to doctors though?!?
Any advise?
Thanks in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
(female)

darcyglu77 HB User
Re: earwax buildup??

If I were you, I would visit my ENT doctor. It probably is wax build-up. I go every 6 months. Some people are susceptible to this (my ENT doctor tells me) I'm one of them. He has a little instrument he uses to kind of suck the wax out - or he may use water and a very small tube to flush it out. IN any event, when he is done, your boyfriend will feel a lot better. I know - I've been there!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
(female)

darcyglu77 HB User
Re: earwax buildup??

If I were you, I would tell your bf to go to an ENT doctor. The doctor can remove it quite easily with a little instrument that sort of sucks out the wax, or the Doctor may chose to flush it out with a very tiny hose. Your bf will feel 100% better afterward! I know - I've been there!

Closed Thread