It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User
Chronic post nasal drip due to Novacaine shots

had major dental (and major novacaine) work done on my front teeth and within 2 days had massive post nasal drip.. then it stopped. (never had PND before). I go back 2 months later to the dentist on the same front teeth... same thing.. major PND... then it stopped again. The last time I went to finish up the work on the front teeth I got PND again and it never went away. This was 3 years ago and I have it 24/7. I was reaching for straws as to why this happened and it took a while for it to sink in. Major dental work and novacaine which was tons of shots... must have done something to me that damaged my sinuses.. ... Just a thought for anyone who has had major dental work in the top front teeth under the nose and wonders why they now have PND or massive sinus problems... I know there is a connection with me and could be for you if you're wondering why something like this happened... check and see if it coincides with a dental appointment and novacaine.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User
Re: Chronic post nasal drip due to Novacaine shots

i know that i had been treated for a sinus infection (only one zpak though) and then got a crown. Then the infection came back with a vengeance. Ever since (this past winter), whenever i have sinus issues, the symptoms that caused me to get the crown come back. Very frustrating. I see my dentist in a couple of weeks and a ENT on the 25th. I hope to get some answers... strange how all this is happening after 40 yrs of age... the sinus crap i mean

Hope you find out

Last edited by dolysods; 08-06-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: added more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread