It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
(female)

Essica HB User
Clogged up ear upon waking

I have noticed that I suffer with a clogged up ear feeling despite ENT saying my ears are perfect. Every morning I wake with a clogged up ear that feels like it needs to pop iyswim, and I will be a tad congested up the nostril on the same side. Yesterday it was my left side all day and this morning ive woken up and my left is fine its just my right ear with the pressure but right nostril is clear.

I have come to the conclusion that its whatever side I sleep on that I wake with this but I have it every day on one of the sides. I told my GP and he said thats pretty normal, does anyone else get it????surely not lasting all day. It seems to of got worse lately. ENT has said I should live with it and unless I start getting infections not to worry as its just a thin layer of congestion in a few sinuses.

Why do I get this and what causes it? ENT said ive a thin layer of congestion/inflamation in my maxilary and ednoid (cant spell that lol) sinuses but its classed as mild to moderate. I have noticed this ear thing alot more lately. My GP told me most people do but mine lasts all day long and the next day it will probably be on the oposite side instead.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
(female)

Essica HB User
Re: Clogged up ear upon waking

I forgot to ask, could it be TMJ??? my GP thinks I suffer from this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
(male)

Larkley HB User

I have tmj and have had it for years. ive never experienced a clogged ear from it. though its been getting worse and now i am experiencing fluid behind my ears. Im scared.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
(female)

InnearPeace HB User

I've had clogged ears for years and the ENTs I saw all thought it was TMJ. Do you have a mouth guard for it? Turns out I have patulous eustacian tubes. You might ask your doctor about it. The difference is I feel best in the morning. Do you have autophony (hearing your voice and breath resounding in your head?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #5
(female)

Essica HB User

Hi,

Yes I do, sometimes not always, when I talk I can hear like a vibration of my voice?

So is it just TMJ?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
(female)

InnearPeace HB User

It could be TMJ, but I don't know. Look up Patulous Eustacian tubes (PET). The test for it is so simple and uninvasive it wouldn't hurt to have an ENT check you for it. Its pretty rare, so they don't usually think about it. The bad news is there aren't any miracle cures for it. Good luck!

Closed Thread