It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
(male)

j2cunningham HB User
Pain in just below skull on right side

I am having pain on the right side of my neck a few inches below the jaw and pain just below the skull at the back of my neck. I am also having some pain in my right ear. When I push on the front of my neck, I can feel it on the back of my neck. I do suffer from GERD and I do have frequent sinus problems though I am not currently experiencing what I consider a typical sinus infection. This has been going on for about 6 weeks now. I went to my GP and he first prescribed one antibiotic but that didn't help. He now has me on a stronger antibiotic. As of yet, no improvement. Anyone have anything like this? I am 37 yr old male in otherwise fine shape. I am starting to really worry about this as something really bad. Any thoughts on this would be of great help. My doctor tells me not to worry but he did say he wanted a CT scan if the new antibiotic didn't work. As you can tell, my anxiety is getting the best of me and I could use some reassuring words.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
(male)

weebo525 HB User
Re: Pain in just below skull on right side

Hi, sorry to read about your pains. As I am going through similar pains, I was curious if you had made any progress finding a solution?

From my own experience I can tell you this, I benefited from an 'atlas correction' (=upper cervical chiropractic care). But because the pains in the right side of my neck are still there (far worse at night) I am currently looking into something called 'Eagle Syndrome'; especially relevant if you had a tonsillectomy like you did. I had that too and For me it feels like it makes sense that that may be the reason for my pains, but it has yet to be confirmed.

How are things now?

All the best.

Last edited by weebo525; 10-26-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread