It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
(female)

mariska HB User
Post Ringing in Ears

After having pain in back of neck and up the back of the head and pressure in ears, tightness in shoulders, my ears are ringing, too. The ringing or white noise in ears is like someone put a big conch shell up to my ears and turned the volume up. All symptoms, except for ringing has been going on for more than 6 months. Maybe I had the ringing all along and was too distracted with all other discomfort. Have tried exercise, massage, prescription pain relief, including muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatory, etc. Nothing works. Please help!

PS, I had lumineers put on 6 top teeth about 18mos ago, but surely this can't be related?

Last edited by mariska; 10-25-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

glowing4 HB User
Re: Ringing in Ears

Have you considered that it could be TMJ related? Do some research on that and see if your symptoms relate. Many of the things you are experiencing can be TMJ related. Also consider stress as a factor. The tension in the back of your neck and up your head, and yes even the ringing in your ears can be stress related. Look into the books by Dr. John Sarno. What helped me the most with the ringing due to sinus and TMJ issues, not to mention stress because of them, was taking two baby aspirin after each meal and two at bed time. It can't hurt to try it for a few days. And yes, I tried all of the things you mention. Most of all try to relax a little bit in however you like to do that. Doesn't have to be forced relaxation. Just read, watch TV, take a walk, be outside, see a movie, whatever helps you forget for a little while and escape into something other than yourself. Don't mean that to sound nasty. It is just that when we can forget about ourselves for a little while the brain takes a rest and those rests help us to heal.

Hope you feel better.

glowing4

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #3
(male)

Rob676 HB User

Hi, i had ringing in ears after an apparent ear infection. Pain in neck, feeling of pressure in head(felt like full of cotton wool) now two years later stil have tuning fork noise in left ear. doctors not much help, i do understant

Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
(female)

mariska HB User

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I had fleetingly, but not seriously, thought of TMJ till your reply. I have done some research, now, and it seems possible. And, yes, the stress is present in my life, but I have probably underplayed its effect. I have heard of trays/retainers to put in the mouth at night. I may look for a dentist qualified to treat TMJ.
THanks again.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
(female)

Memphis22 HB User

Since 1992, I have a had problems with a pain in the right side of my back just below the right shoulder blade that radiates up the right side of the back of my neck into the back of my head with pressure and ringing in my right ear. A dull headache that never never never goes away (I have learned to just live with it) I get a real "off balance feeling" usually early in the mornings that gets better as the day goes on, but will still have episodes of feeling "off balance" like I will fall forward that comes and goes at any time day or night. I am a nurse and have yet to find a doctor that has any idea what this really is or what treatment to prescribe. I decided several years ago that there is no answer. I do not take any kind of medicine for it. I have learned to just deal with it.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
(female)

Memphis22 HB User

Since 1992, I have had problems with a pain in the right side of my back just below the right shoulder blade that radiates up the right side of the back of my neck into the back of my head with pressure and ringing in my right ear. A dull headache that never! never! never! goes away (I have learned to just live with it) I get a real "off balance feeling" usually early in the mornings that gets better as the day goes on, but will still have episodes of feeling "off balance" like I will fall forward that comes and goes at any time day or night. I am a nurse and have yet to find a doctor that has any idea what this really is or what treatment to prescribe. I decided several years ago that there is no answer. I do not take any kind of medicine for it. I have learned to just deal with it.

Closed Thread