HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Ear, Nose & Throat (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/ear-nose-throat/)
-   -   Dizzy and wondering if anyone else has these problems... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/ear-nose-throat/647524-dizzy-wondering-if-anyone-else-has-these-problems.html)

jodele 11-07-2008 09:09 AM

Dizzy and wondering if anyone else has these problems...

I have had dizziness issues for a long time.I am on disability due to it.It seems like in the spring and fall it gets alot worse.I have had 4 sinus surgeries,have been to the Mayo Clinic in Florida but still no relief.I feel like it is due to severe sinusitis yet my ENT prescribes zyrtec,singular,flonase and none of this works.My head feels extremely heavy right now and when I use the Neti pot I hear a sound like I am standing on the beach at the ocean on a windy day.Something like a crackling in my ears.I have pain under my eyes,a severe headache (frontal and temporal) and nothing I take or do seems to help.Does anyone or has anyone ever had these symptons or is there another member who may have found relief from dizziness???This has ruined my career and I would love to not be dizzy so that I can go back to work.Any suggestions or stories would be welcome!!

dolysods 11-07-2008 09:49 AM

Re: Dizzy and wondering if anyone else has these problems...

have you ever tried chiropractic or acupuncture? When i get pain like that in my sinuses, it usually means infection :(

There are times when i use my neti pot that i tip my head too far and i get fluid in my ear. Then i have the crackling and some pain. Are you able to take decongestants?

TEdds83 11-07-2008 06:53 PM

I'm right there with ya. Man it's frustrating. I get dizzy on and off and it's usually when there is excess fluid by my eardrums. It can take weeks to clear that up. It is a thick fluid, thicker than water back there. It just takes awhile for it to dry.

I am in the midst of a cold...that is now gone and into a sinus infection or major postnasal drip. Almost 18 days now. I have coughed myself silly. I pulled out the netipot tonight and had my first treatment. I hadn't used it for a year. I should have been using this regularly. It's just so hard..because I am afraid of getting it into my ears and having the wind/tunnel thing go on.

Hang in there! It will get better. I am having to believe that too!:angel:

jodele 11-08-2008 08:49 PM

Thank You for your post!I just wish that some ENT doctor would perhaps put tubes in my ears to see if it would bring relief.My testing shows different but I feel it is all due to my sinuses.I am wits end.I have tried many different courses of action but to no avail. I am going to try acupuncture and chiropratic methods asap and I will let you know if anything helps.I cannot tolerate Sudafed or anything in its class.I wish I could.Good luck to you with this problem.