It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
(female)

princessdiana75 HB User
Need advice ASAP about bleeding after tonsillectomy

About 5 hours ago I thought I tasted blood in the very back of my mouth, but there was nothing when I spit. The back of my mouth where the taste was and is still sort of numb feeling.

About an hour ago I spit out a decent amount of blood, maybe a tsp or so and I had been spitting a little out every time I spit for about a half hour and so I started drinking cold water and put an ice pack on my jaw. I don't want to go to the emergency room, only if I absolutely have to.

I live alone so I called my boyfriend at his work hysterically crying and he said that if I had been swallowing blood for the past 5 hours I'd most likely be really sick to my stomach. Actually, I'm not having any pain at all, besides some minor pain when I swallow and the numb feeling where I have a "blood" spot in the back of my throat. I'm assuming it's a blood clot after reading stuff online, but I can't tell if it's actually bleeding or if it's just a spot. I'm not spitting any blood, just a tiny bit if I spit phlegm from deep within my throat, but i've been doing that for days now.

Can I get your opinions? I still have the blood taste in the back of my mouth where the blood spot is, so does that mean it's bleeding or if it is a blood clot, could I still have that taste?

Last edited by princessdiana75; 12-03-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
(female)

princessdiana75 HB User
Re: Need advice ASAP about bleeding after tonsillectomy

I just want to add that I just checked my throat and the spot is turning purple and has gotten a tiny bit smaller, it's no longer dark red. My tongue is pretty swollen - is that normal for the 8th day? I have to hold it down with my finger to even be able to see the back of my throat. I don't think I should look in my throat any more tonight, I think i'm doing more harm by stretching my mouth open wider than it wants to be opened...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread