It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Michael8466 HB User
Nose surgery for air flow?

I've noticed I have a bump inside one of my nostrils. It feels like a piece of bone is poking out in path of my air flow. Has anyone had surgery for this? I do believe it's making my breathing harder.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
(female)

NCIS Fan HB User
Re: Nose surgery for air flow?

It sounds as if you should talk to a doctor about a deviated septum. Just a thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Michael8466 HB User

I started to read about it and I think your right. Thank you, I'll be bringing it up with my dr.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Michael8466 HB User

Just to add to the bump in my nose I now have a sore throat and a headache for the past 3 days. My airway is clear, but the bump in my nose is hurting a bit and is very sensative. This is kinda freakin me out since I've never had these problems before. I rarely get headaches or sore throats.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #5
(female)

NCIS Fan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael8466 View Post
Just to add to the bump in my nose I now have a sore throat and a headache for the past 3 days. My airway is clear, but the bump in my nose is hurting a bit and is very sensative. This is kinda freakin me out since I've never had these problems before. I rarely get headaches or sore throats.
A troublesome, worrisome turn of events, for sure. If the bump in the nose was sudden without an associated injury, probably not the deviated septum thing. The sore throat and headache are associated with a deviated septum, as I understand, but I thought more on a chronic basis. Your symptoms, if I recall, came on suddenly.

The sore throat and headache for three days unto themselves could be a virus/cold event, as you know. The bump in your nose may or may not be associated with the sore throat, but likely is, given how everything appeared.

Could be something as innocent as a pimple in your nose, but anything that impairs your breathing bears professional medical attention. Plus, anything that is "freakin'" you out needs attention.

Hope you get an answer soon and feel better fast.

Closed Thread