It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

kimbo728 HB User
i feel like there is something hung in my throat what could it be

i feel like there is something hung in my throat. I feel it only when I swallow (spit) not food. I can huff up air in my throat and it moves to my sinus area above throat and if I sniff really hard it moves back to my throat just below sinus area. I am on medicine for reflux and have been on it and antibiotics for almost 2 weeks. I have done sinus flushes and snorted trying to dislodge this thing with no luck. I feel it moving and it feels like a mucus plug that you sometimes get when you have an infection. When you snort and it comes out of sinus into your mouth-gross I know but we all do it. This feels like that but won't break loose to come on into mouth to spit it out!! HELP, It's making me crazy!!

Last edited by kimbo728; 01-26-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: more info

Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
(female)

precious49 HB User
Re: i feel like there is something hung in my throat what could it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo728 View Post
i feel like there is something hung in my throat. I feel it only when I swallow (spit) not food. I can huff up air in my throat and it moves to my sinus area above throat and if I sniff really hard it moves back to my throat just below sinus area. I am on medicine for reflux and have been on it and antibiotics for almost 2 weeks. I have done sinus flushes and snorted trying to dislodge this thing with no luck. I feel it moving and it feels like a mucus plug that you sometimes get when you have an infection. When you snort and it comes out of sinus into your mouth-gross I know but we all do it. This feels like that but won't break loose to come on into mouth to spit it out!! HELP, It's making me crazy!!
kimbo728--Hello,
My grandfather had what they called a "pocket" in his throat. It would collect his sinus mucus. I have the same thing that you're talking about and have had tests but they have found nothing. It sounds like you're doing all the right things. And I know what you mean about driving you Crazy--I'm always clearing my throat. I use to swallow it and my husband taught me how to hack it up and spit it out It made me want to throw up but now I'm really good at it. I just think our sinus' drain and get caught there and I don't know why. But you might want to have your Dr. check for a "pocket".
precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
(female)

kimbo728 HB User
Re: i feel like there is something hung in my throat what could it be

Thank you very much, it makes sense and I will have it checked out again. God Bless!!

Closed Thread