It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

happynik HB User
Mucus in throat - feel like I'm going to vomit

I have post nasal drip pretty bad, so I constantly have mucus in my throat. It's beginning to choke/gag me and cause me to not be able to breathe. I feel like I'm going to throw up. I think I'm also swallowing a lot of the mucus and it's making me sick to my stomach. I constantly feel like I'm going to vomit, but I can't seem to ever actually get anything up. I have a huge lump in my throat, it's hard to swallow, and I have to spit constantly. I know drinking lots of water is good to thin the mucus out but, I can't get anything down because it's so difficult to swallow it feels like anything I put in my mouth is just going to make me gag....any advice?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: Mucus in throat - feel like I'm going to vomit

Most of the symptoms you're describing are common for people suffering from acid reflux, particularly a type of reflux called LPR (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux) that is also called "Silent Reflux" because people often have it without any of the common symptoms of reflux.

You should consider taking a two-week course of PrilosecOTC, especially if you have any reflux symptoms, and see a gastroenterologist.

The Following User Says Thank You to gcsjr For This Useful Post:
Linked (10-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
(female)

REFLUX2009 HB User

I have this same problem. I'm taking Prilosec and I eat a lot of Apples. Which helps me out a lot. Try eating an apple in the morning and before you go to bed. Plus drink a lot of Water and Juice just in case you don't have an Apple.

Good Luck

Old 12-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
(male)

14music HB User

Hey, I have all the same symptoms your describing and I'm really having soo much trouble with it myself. I cant find anything to help me rid of this, its really becoming a bother, I cant seem to figure out what that lump feeling in the throat is. I thought trying to Vomit would help, becuase i always have that urge it's going to happen, because of it i have this constant feeling that im choking, which really worries me.

I'm not sure if this relative, but when i cough or try to swallow or possibly feel like i need to throw up, my throat burns for some reason.

Have you tried the prilosec? did it work for you.

Closed Thread