It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vintagegirl HB User
My ear is plugged and won't pop! Help!

I have not been sick....but on Sunday, went to work out. It takes a lot of adjusting to get the ear bud of my Ipod to stay in my ear (annoying) and I'm wondering if all the manuevering didn't force some air into the middle ear? The sensation of fullness was tolerable yesterday, but I still made an appointment with an ENT doc on Friday. In the meantime, I tried an ear candle on it.....while I felt more "movement" inside the ear afterward, this morning I woke up and it's even more clogged. Only when I belch (sorry) will it crackle and appear to open up a bit--and then it closes right back up. I could live with the semi-full sensation yesterday but this is driving me CRAZY. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks!

Old 11-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
(male)

Seeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB User
Re: My ear is plugged and won't pop! Help!

Hi my LPR just began with a cold like you. Do you think it's related to nerve damage. I wasn't overweight, no heartburn. Do you know of ANYONE who got better from LPR who like you and me started getting it with a cold???????

This is a very important question to me. Please let me know. I wonder if nerve damage triggered it in people like us. If we advanced from GERD slowly to LPR then it makes sense to get LPR. But if it comes out of nowhere with a cold, with no previous symptoms, that is probably nerve damage from the freaking virus, and in such a case, I'm wondering if people in our case ever get better. Because actaully a lot of people get better from LPR, I've read their posts and talked to doctors who have treated them.
But........ I'm wondering if anyone who got it from a cold ever got better .... Let me know your thoughts on this, and what you've heard around.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
(female)

clrad HB User

I'm having similar symptoms. I'm not sure how to go about it either...

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-11-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

I would keep the appointment.

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-11-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Closed Thread