It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
(male)

ratchetclan4 HB User
i hear my footsteps or voice very loud in my ear

today i woke up with a pain in my left ear it came and went every 15 or so seconds and hurt very bad...and when i talked my voice sounded slightly muffled and loud and bass'y in it and when i walked it made a loud like thumping sound in it too my footsteps..when i was riding my scooter it sounded like an earthquake in my ear to the point i had to just pick it up and walk because it was so loud

only stuff i do sound like this,if i cover my right one and listen to people through the left one they sound perfectly normal just not me if i swallow or talk or walk or anything...

any ideas what it is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
(male)

crumii HB User
Re: i hear my footsteps or voice very loud in my ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetclan4 View Post
today i woke up with a pain in my left ear it came and went every 15 or so seconds and hurt very bad...and when i talked my voice sounded slightly muffled and loud and bass'y in it and when i walked it made a loud like thumping sound in it too my footsteps..when i was riding my scooter it sounded like an earthquake in my ear to the point i had to just pick it up and walk because it was so loud

only stuff i do sound like this,if i cover my right one and listen to people through the left one they sound perfectly normal just not me if i swallow or talk or walk or anything...

any ideas what it is?
Try looking up info on Patulous Eustachian Tube (PET) or google "Semi Circular Canal Dehiscence Syndrome". Best of luck. These symptoms suck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: i hear my footsteps or voice very loud in my ear

You may have an ear infection, or maybe if you have been exposed to loud noises IE music or constant noise of your scooter perhaps you could have perforated your ear drum. I just had an op on my ear and its all really sensitive and i can do exactly the same as you right now, and thats hear my footsteps and bass noises really loudly through my ear. So im thinking you have some sort of sensitivity and should get an ENT guy to look at it, or even the normal Doctor. Good luck.

Closed Thread