It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Epiglottis problems?

This is bothering me. Two nights ago I had a very sharp pain radiate from the back of my throat. It was so odd it made me jump out of bed and look into the mirror. After not seeing anything in the back of my throat, I stuck my finger back there (not the best idea). I felt what appears to be my epiglottis, the flap of skin behind the tongue. It was tight and had some pain to it. Fast forward to today, it still hurts and now there is pain when swallowing.

I noticed a few weeks ago when looking in the mirror that my epiglottis was visible. It was the first time I was able to see it.

Can this be the beginning of epiglottitis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Re: Epiglottis problems?

I was able to get a much clearer view of my epiglottis when I used a flashlight. The epiglottis looks fine, no infection or anything. In fact it looked pretty darn healthy. So why am I able to see this?

I should also point out that I have an ear infection and I am on meds for that. I also have what appears to be enlarged taste buds on the back of my tongue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Re: Epiglottis problems?

I could not take the pain any longer so I went to my school's clinic today. I happened to mention that I was able to see my epiglottis, and the RN looked at me like I was a ghost. Sure enough when she looked down my throat, she was able to see it.

I have an appointment now to see the schools doc...

I wish someone could help me out here.... : (

Last edited by blues1986; 04-27-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Closed Thread