It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
(female)

jenny38 HB User
Question Is this normal - please advise

Hi all. I have a wee question for everyone.

About a week ago I noticed that my throat felt a bit scratchy so I had a look at it. I did notice that it seemed quite red but no white spots etc., on my tonsils. As I stretched my throat I noticed that at the very back of my throat just behind the fold of tissue that connects with the uvula (the dangly thing) the tissue looked a bit swollen - almost like there was a small swollen area that could be seen.

The next day I noticed that there was a very slight discomfort when I swallowed on that side and a gland in my next was very slightly 'up'.

I must admit I've become obsessed with looking down my throat now - every time I pass a mirror I have a look to see if it has changed but it's still there.

Apart from that, I feel quite lethargic at times, have a sour taste at the back of my mouth, feel as if cattahrr (not sure of spelling) is slowly dripping down the back of my throat. I have felt as if my sinuses have been a bit congested for several weeks.

Of course, I'm convinced I have throat cancer - I do that whenever I find something strange - immediately fear I have cancer - lol.

Anyway, does anyone out there know what this could be? Is it normal for tissue to develop swellings due to a virus or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread