It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

want a good out HB User
tonsil removal in a 4 year old

Hi, I'm not sure this is where I should post this, but I really don't know what to expect after my daughter has her tonsils out. She is 4 and has just started with her 4th bout of tonsilitis in 1 1/2 mo. and I was told they need to come out. I'm terrified of post op hemorrhage and having her is so much pain. Can anyone give me some helpful tips to make this easier for us both?

Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: tonsil removal in a 4 year old

Well all I can tell you is to look around and almost every single person that is about 50 to 70 years old had their tonsils removed period around the age of 5yrs. We all as a matter of growing up had their tonsils removed. I guess that was the cure for ear infections and colds back then but we all survived. I remember the day they did it so long ago. Times have changed things are done differently and the young ones today have a better time of it. Lasers cut down on any bleeding and Your 4 year old will do just fine and it is rare for a child to bleed after. If your child were to get to be an adult with those bad tonsils then there is a chance of some bleeding. Back in our day we didn't get anything for pain but gosh nowadays there are plenty of choices to control the pain. My granddaughter had her's removed last year and she sailed though it. Good luck with your decision... but if her tonsils are bad now they don't get better and by the time she is an adult they will actually cause problems...tonsils as you know is a filtering system but bad tonsils don't filter they just fill up with pus and cause more problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread