It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
(female)

Iggeria HB User
Itchy inner ear, itchy throat, clogged ears and post nasal drip

Hi, I have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and am taking Allegra-D and Singulair. I have been to allergists and ENT doctors, they all tell me that there is nothing wrong with my ears or throat or sinuses and the only thing I can do for the postnasal drip is to take an antihistamine and rinse my nose with a netti pot and saline solution.

This situation is maddening. I have to constantly pop my ears, because they become clogged and the pressure is so intense I get dizzy, sometimes I even get a headache. I am constantly rubbing at my ear and making this horrible hawking noise to scratch my throat. My sleep is disrupted and this condition is getting worse.

I need to get this resolved and don't know what else to do. Any one have any suggestions?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Itchy inner ear, itchy throat, clogged ears and post nasal drip

Have you been tested for allergies? Immunotherapy may be helpful. It is a long-term help, but it definitely does help. Also, do you have any problems with reflux? Reflux sometimes makes the sinus issues worse as well. You might also consider adding Mucinex for a while as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
(female)

Iggeria HB User
Re: Itchy inner ear, itchy throat, clogged ears and post nasal drip

Hi, thank you for your response. Yes, I am getting allergy shots, and have progressed to once a month, building up my immune system to the many things I have become allergic to has definitely helped. No, thank God I don't have any acid reflux symptons and I have only used Mucinex when I have a chest cold, it acts like an expectorant.

Closed Thread