It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
(female)

studyabroad HB User
Pressure on soft palate?

Hi, I've been experiencing a feeling of pressure on my soft palate for a few weeks now. This is sometimes accompanied by a feeling of my throat closing up, or swollen glands. I also sometimes feel an ache to the left of my sternum and my left breast sometimes aches when I breath in. I travelled 2.5 hours to BKK and went to the doctor (who actually listened to me) a few weeks ago, who performed a gastropy (he said had gastritis and a temporary hital henia) and have been on meds for acid reflux for about three. I've also had pretty bad sinus pressure in my face and headaches most days. I also feel some mucus in my throat, which is usually clear when I spit. GERD can sometimes cause breathing problems, but this has gotten worse, especially since I had a cold for a few days. I also wonder if it could be allergies/asthma -- the weather here is very humid and there's a lot of pollution. I just don't know what to do or what kind of meds I should try. Antihistamines helps with the congestion, but as soon as I stopped taking them, I felt the pressure even more. I don't know what a decongestant would do, since I don't really feel stuffy...
Sometimes I feel like I can't breath in or exhale properly, although I don't feel "stuffed up." The congestion feels like its in the roof of my mouth. Any thoughts or advice? I've also had anxiety problems because of this. I'm hesitant to see doctors around here YET AGAIN -- I'm studying in Thailand until december, and I feel like they just want to get me out of their offices as fast as possible or prescribe me more Xanax, which doesn't always alleviate these symptoms or feelings of chestheaviness... Advice or even just support greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
(male)

muse288 HB User
Re: Pressure on soft palate?

Hey there. I know this post is 3 years old but I was wondering if you found a solution to your problem. I've been having the same soft pallet pressure feeling that you had. I gets worse when I sing or swallow. Sometimes I feel a little congested as well.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Pressure on soft palate?

Palate pressure especially if accompanied by congestion, post nasal drip or face pressure or tooth pain can indicate a sinus infection. this requires antibiotics to clear up, and sometimes nasal irritations, antihistamines and decongestants to treat any underlying allergies.

Closed Thread