It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

madvette HB User
Unhappy Left ear popping - can't take it anymore

I hope somebody can help me. My left ear pops all the time. In the beginning it was only happening when I went up or down the stairs, then every time I took a step it would pop. It pops when I run or jump up and down. Now it just pops all the time. It doesn't hurt, my ears don't feel full, no infections, no fluid, just popping sound. It's driving me insane (literally), and I'm not sure how much more I can take. Been happening now for about 1 1/2 months. Thought it was an ear infection, but after 2 different antibiotics it is still popping. ENT gave me Nasonex and told me to continue with the decongestant. Those aren't helping a bit. Is there anybody out there that has ever had this? Please, somebody has got to have an answer, I'm miserable!!! Thanks for reading.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
(male)

todd1966 HB User
Re: Left ear popping - can't take it anymore

Dear Madvette,

I have had a number of ear probs over the years. When I had a hole in my eardrum it would make popping noise as it healed. When driving in hilly areas it would drive me nuts. One other thing caused numerous popping noises and that was when I would blow my nose too hard. If I would swallow hard it would make a popping noise. Check with your ENT and make sure that your eardrum is fine.

Todd

Ps> Once I got my allergies under control and discovered my food allergies life got much better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
(female)

mammymim HB User

Hi, I took Pseduphed ( 3-4 in 24 hr)& it relieved the popping,I used the non drowsy stuff first But it did not work as well as the stuff you have to show ID to buy it

Old 11-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
(female)

madvette HB User

Thanks for the replys. I've been taken the Sudafed PE, but it doesn't really seem to help. I'll get some regular Sudafed and see if that works. Thanks for the advice. And I went to see an ENT last week and he couldn't find anything wrong. He just gave me some nose spray and told me it was related to my allergies. It still bothers me some days, but no where near what it was! And I've noticed too that it seems to really bother more when the humidity is high. Strange. Thanks again for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread