It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
(male)

TehBr00tlz HB User
Post tonsillectomy diet

Been googling and reading up on here. Here's a list I compiled so far. Looking for other recommendations! I'm going to be bummed as I frequent the gym 5 days a week...

chicken and stars soup from campbells
applesauce.
apple juice
babyfood
broth
cottagecheese
cream of corn
noodle soups
Luigi’s Real Italian ice
popsicles

Any other healthy suggestions?

I know diary products are a no no, but is there any exceptions to the rule? LIke Muscle Milks or slim fasts?

Last edited by TehBr00tlz; 10-28-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
(female)

Lindaelizabeth HB User
Re: Post tonsillectomy diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBr00tlz View Post
Been googling and reading up on here. Here's a list I compiled so far. Looking for other recommendations! I'm going to be bummed as I frequent the gym 5 days a week...

applesauce.
apple juice
babyfood
broth
cottagecheese
cream of corn
noodle soups
Luigi’s Real Italian ice
popsicles

I know diary products are a no no, but is there any exceptions to the rule? LIke Muscle Milks or slim fasts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
(female)

Lindaelizabeth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBr00tlz View Post

applesauce.
apple juice
babyfood
broth
cottagecheese
cream of corn
noodle soups
Luigi’s Real Italian ice
popsicles

Hi There, had mine out 17th aug, i had a long discussion with my surgeon and my collegues at work ( am a nurse but don't nurse ent pts) will I do some times. Anyway to the point. He said eat what I want and that my body will tell me if I don't want it or can't eat it. Except no fruit or fruit juices as they burn and no bananas as they sick to the wound sites. I ate yoghurt and custards drank warm tea and coffee poweraide got sick of that tho then it hurt at some stage can't remember when thou. had soups etc and the stuff you have alreaddy said or some of it anyway. Your body will tell you what you can eat anyway, if you fancy some thing try it, see how you go. don't be frightened. it like bad case of tonsillitis, theres too many negatives about this op go for it, it anint that bad. Step up the pain meds thou around day 4 thru until day 8, try and skip the ear ache pain, wear a necl collar to keep your mouth closed whe you are a sleep. sleep in an up right postion. The issue is the fear of the unknown, just think its the last time you'll ever have have tonsillitis, how exciting any questions write back. regards
Linda Ps chewgum post and take poo pills and regular anti emetics and always have some sloppy food prior to the meds.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
(male)

TehBr00tlz HB User

sounds good! thanks for the reply

Old 11-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
(male)

ALTSELGREEN HB User

Hi -I am 49 years old and had my right tonsil removed on monday as it was huge (small hens egg size!! How come I couldnt feel it????). I have never had any tonsil trouble- but an asymptomic enlarged tonsil rings alarm bells. I am on day 5 post op (tonsil removed traditionally- as deep rooted I believe) and have been suffering pretty badly today. Pain up at 8 out of 10 at times despite the ibuprofen and strongest co-codamol. I feel really sorry for you guys that have had BOTH out-I can only imagine! Have found that soup and soft rolls have worked for me, along with oatmeal which has been great. Last night I tried some sausages with finely chopped carrots and mashed potato which was ok as long as you chew well and cut into small pieces. Also cold soya based chocolate puddings and drinks have been heavenly to say the least.

Closed Thread