It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User
Unhappy still have BLOOD in throat! PLEASE HELP!

I have posted a couple other times with no replies. Am I the only person that has bloody clear mucus running down throat? Nothing from nose. The ENT told me not to worry that it will stop by Monday (it will be 2 weeks)says a broken blood vessel. Last night I laughed too hard and had a lot of blood with clots. Scared me so bad I went to the ER. The er Dr. said the laughing probably just dislodged a clot. Of course no blood while I was there. I told her about my CT scan of sinuses were normal, as well as all the blood work my GP ordered. She prescribed Z-pac, (I had just finished 10 days of Bactrim) and told me to go to another ENT for a 2nd opinion.. Sent me on my way.. No blood the rest of last night or all day today until I took a nap about an hour ago, and when I woke up, I felt it in my throat again. More blood and stringy clots. I thought it had finally all stopped because it had been almost 24 hrs. without any blood. I don't know what caused it to start while I was asleep. I slept sitting up on 5 pillows. I use a humidifier in my room and nasal saline spray. I am sooo scared! Why the antibiodics if my CT scan was normal? Wouldn't it have shown an infection? The ENT didn't prescribe any antibiodics. I just don't understand. I am a 55 year old female, never any problems with nosebleeds in my life.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

fidget324 HB User
Re: still have BLOOD in throat! PLEASE HELP!

It sounds like you are having posterior bleeds, which is bleeding from far back in the nasal passages. I would definitely go to another ENT and get a second opinion. Did the first ENT you saw do a nasal endoscopy to look for the source of the bleeding?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2009, 04:56 AM   #3
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User
Re: still have BLOOD in throat! PLEASE HELP!

Just to keep you posted. I still have it! I didn't have it during the day or night for the past week but I had it in the mornings when brushing my teeth.Then for the last 2 days, not even anything in the morning until TODAY! Here I go again. There was blood and stringy blood in the postnasal drip, mixed with a lot of clear mucus. I thought I was finally getting my life back. I've also noticed, then whenever I had the blood, there was always a lot of CLEAR mucus with it. I have had some thicker, yellowish mucus last week but no blood at all. I've called my ENT a couple of times but he said it was getting better because of no blood during the days or nights. He said just to keep using humidifier and saline spray. I've searched and searched on the web for what could be causing this. I feel very alone because no-one has responded saying have gone through this too and given me any hope as to what couold be causing this.

Closed Thread