It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

navimae HB User
Crinkling of plastic makes my ears go pop pop pop

I cant stand plastic grocery bags or candy wrappers. Every time I hear them crinkle my ears of pop pop pop. It sounds like someone is rat-a-tat-tat-ing on my ear drum.

I have had this for over 7 years now and Im still not used to it.

I have been to two ENT's and they had no clue what I was talking about, said they never heard of it and looked at me like I am crazy. I have searched and searched the web and have found only one other person who has posted here in 2006 who has the same symptoms, so I know Im not crazy.

ANY Help would be nice!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

chroniclestudio HB User
Re: Crinkling of plastic makes my ears go pop pop pop

Oh my gosh! I have the same exact issue. I joined this forum just so I could comment on this 2-year-old post. =)

I, too, have never met another person with this problem, and searched on google for a good thirty minutes before I could find someone (you) describing this condition.
I've never seen a doctor about it and have only discussed it with a few people, but have found it very hard for people to understand what I'm trying to describe.
Crinkling plastic has done this to my ears for as long as I can remember. It doesn't hurt, and I've become so used to it that I pay it little attention to it... Unless I'm in a quiet place and unwrapping a candy, or putting away grocery bags after a visit to the store.

I don't know anything else to tell you in the realm of helping with the condition. I have no existing ear problems, except I've noticed my ear wax has always been darker than everyone else's and q-tips make my ears hurt. I don't think those normal observations have anything to do with it though.

If you've figured anything else out about it since you've posted, let me know! I searched this out based on curiosity, not on a need for a cure, so any info would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply