It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

averma12 HB User
Question nose bleed

Nose bleed 2 to 3 times a week in a 60 year old feamale for the past one month in winters. Nose bleed is mild to moderate. Blood test done twice are normal. Liver function test normal. Kidney tests are normal. Had high Blood pressure & high cholesterol. Doctor started the medicine, but nose bleed has not stopped. Now going to ENT again, ENT earlier had checked & cleared. What could this nose bleed due to?
Update: Nose endoscopy done, everything is fine. They just gave neosporin ointment to rub inside the nose. Did not have any nose bleed for the past 4 days. Has anyone else suffered with these symptoms? was everthing fine or something major errupted later. Should I get a CT scan done? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by averma12; 02-18-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: To include the results of Nasal endoscopy done 2 days back

Old 02-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
(female)

22Ashley HB User
Cool Re: nose bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by averma12 View Post
Nose bleed 2 to 3 times a week in a 60 year old feamale for the past one month in winters. Nose bleed is mild to moderate. Blood test done twice are normal. Liver function test normal. Kidney tests are normal. Had high Blood pressure & high cholesterol. Doctor started the medicine, but nose bleed has not stopped. Now going to ENT again, ENT earlier had checked & cleared. What could this nose bleed due to?
Update: Nose endoscopy done, everything is fine. They just gave neosporin ointment to rub inside the nose. Did not have any nose bleed for the past 4 days. Has anyone else suffered with these symptoms? was everthing fine or something major errupted later. Should I get a CT scan done? Thanks for the help.
I came back from five day vacation and wasn't home an hour and my nose started bleeding for no apparent reason. Had nose bleeds for three days. Went to primary care dr. and she tried something but said it it didn't work I would have to go to ent. Didn't work. Went to ent and he cauterized my nose and that seemed to take care of the nose bleeds. Have you tried this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
(female)

22Ashley HB User
Re: nose bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Ashley View Post

I came back from five day vacation and wasn't home an hour and my nose started bleeding for no apparent reason. Had nose bleeds for three days. Went to primary care dr. and she tried something but said if it didn't work I would have to go to ent. Didn't work. Went to ent and he cauterized my nose and that seemed to take care of the nose bleeds. Have you tried this?

Last edited by 22Ashley; 02-24-2010 at 01:13 AM.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
(female)

averma12 HB User

It is good that your's is taken care of. In my case ENT doc did not suggest cauterization. I am doing fine with the neosporin ointment that I put inside the nose....did not have any nose bleed...it is almost going to be 2 weeks since I had it last time. So it is just wait & watch. Thanks for your reply.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
(female)

Lotsadogs HB User

You might want to install a humidifier in your sleeping area -- or where you spend a lot of time during the day. Nose bleeds seems to be worse with electric heat as opposed to oil or gas furnaces.

Closed Thread