It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
(male)

fletcher1985 HB User
nose is full of mucus when i sleep and wont come out

hey guys well i have had this problem for about 4 years now i get a sniffy nose all day and my nose blocks up but i can manage it during the day but at night wheni lay down my nose blocks up and can hardly breath through my nostril sometimes both nostrils block up and it gives me a headach, then mucus builds up behind what im calling the blockage and i wake up in the morning with slight pressure under my eyes i blow my nose as soon as i wake up and it but hardly anything comes out i have to keep blowing my nose maybe about 10 times, this problem is stopping me sleeping, it does the same during the day its like a shutter goes across right up my nose to stop anything comeing out i have had surgery on my sinuses as they told me the entrance to both my sinuses where closed but that didnt help i have been back to the ent doctors 4 times and they keep saying my nose is perfect and there is nothing wrong with it, i have tried every nasal spray going from my doctor and my chemist and nothing worked i stopped using them as it made the problem worse i have not used a spray for about 12 months the last one was a steroid spray which was useless. does anyone else have the same problem that could help me out as i cant deal with this anymore.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User
Re: nose is full of mucus when i sleep and wont come out

had you tried a neti-pot to cleanse your sinuses daily? If ent can not find anything, then you may need to cleanse all of that mucus out. It is inexpensive, natural, and it works.
At the beginning, you may want to cleanse several times a day. Just keep tissues around, nose can leak the water out without notice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, i highly recommend a netipot or NeilMed Sinus rinse. If you use it before bedtime to flush out your sinuses, you should sleep pretty well. My sister swears by it!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
(female)

jane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB User

I'm with the neti-pot crowd. It'll clear out all mucus in your sinuses and you'll be able to breathe better immediately. Use it every few hours for the first couple of days, and then at bedtime after that.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
(female)

Lotsadogs HB User

I have been reading about neti pots for several years. Never had the nerve to try one since it reminded me of being a self-inflicted waterboarding exercise. However, the last time I was at our local pharmacy I spotted one for sale and decided to give it a try. It was wonderful. I got immediate relief, and could not have imagined getting help that fast.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

Definitely time for a Netipot!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #7
(male)

fletcher1985 HB User

i have never heard of a netipot where exactly can i get one from, im from the uk if thats any help, a chemist?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
(female)

Lotsadogs HB User

I got my neti pot from our local pharmacy. It cost about $15.00 but well worth the cost. They look like a tiny tea pot which you fill with a few ounces of saline solution, tilt your head, and pour the saline solution into one nostril. The solution will flow out the opposite nostril and along the way clear your sinus cavity. I don't know where you would get one in the UK but you could try Amazon.

Last edited by Lotsadogs; 02-22-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Closed Thread