It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
(male)

limhanney HB User
Unhappy I don't know what's wrong with my voice.. please read my descriptions.

Hello..

My voice was cool since i born till the time of puberty. When I reach puberty my voice become to change, I'm 15 years old now. My voice seems sometimes like kids and sometimes like adults. I don't know what will I do to make my voice one. And this makes me to get shy easily. And I can't talk much with anyone as I was talking before. Many people wonder and ask me what's wrong with your voice then I give answer by saying "I got cough."

And sometimes it really makes me too boring and It pushes me to stop talking with anyone, so sometimes I quite talking with anyone, though. Specially I'm just talking with those people who're close with me only. Because they know my voice and it's not new for them. I observe my voice and I put on recorder, then I heard my voice and it seems really like 5 years old girls weither boys. I don't have any feelings on my throat but the voice is too bad, it's like soft voice like ladies. I don't like it actually. My voice always changes 2 times in a day, like if I get home I just talk like this soft voice. But If i go to outside I push my voice and talking hardly to make my voice tough. It's annoying voice really. Maybe this could my puberty is not finished yet, it's still. So I wish if my voice would come like nice voice. But if the matter is not this I might want to go to doctor.

So please tell me some useful things that I have to do, if you have any idea about this!

Thanks.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-01-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: posted contact info - please read the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
(female)

pinaay HB User
Re: I don't know what's wrong with my voice.. please read my descriptions.

Sounds to me like what you're experiencing is perfectly normal for someone your age. Everyone's voices change in different ways- there's no need to feel self-concious.
Some of my 18 year old classmates' voices have only just begun to change. Don't try and push your voice to be loud and tough- you can permanently damage your vocal cords by doing so, especially when your voice is changing. Just talk normally. If people make fun of you, don't listen to them, and don't let this pressure you into straining your voice. One day, the people who are mean to you will no longer be a part of your life. You only have one voice, however, so take care of it and make sure it lasts your lifetime!
Once again, try not to feel embarrased of your changing voice. This is a perfectly normal part of growing up. Soon enough, your voice will stabilize and it will sound much nicer. Just be patient, and remind yourself that pretty much every young man goes through what you are going through right now on their road to becoming a man.
It's not a bad idea to talk to your doctor. I'm sure that he/she can give you more information about the changes your voice will go through during puberty.
Best of luck!
pinaay

Closed Thread