It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

applekiss HB User
When does the white patches goes away while on antibiotics for strep throat?

Hello,
I started anitbiotics for strep throat Sunday. I noticed that my fever is lower after several days of treatment. I can drink water without feling the burns. I can swollen a little better. but other than that the throat looks no different, the tonsils are still swollen with the white patches on them, the back of the throat also have bumps with white patches. I also notice my tongue has what looks like canker sores which is whitelittle bumps, but they hurt like crazy. I was wondering when will the physical symptoms start to get better.
4th day of treatment and still have sore throat and the throat and mouth still looks just as bad.
Does anyone know or remember when they had it when the white patches and goes away.
I still cannot eat normally either, when will I be able to eat and drink without hurting or stinging. When I swollen its like I have bumps on my throat as well. This is my first time getting this.
I searched online, everywhere says results are noticed in 3 days, but what does that mean.
I guess when I see the throat is better and I am able to eat and drink I will know is better.
Please anyone with any information as to the timeline of what starts going away and when is most helpful to me. I have been home sick since last Thursday, I am not allowed back to work unless I am completely well.
I just havent seen any changes within the mouth I am alittle worried, its not getting better.
Thank You.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread