It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

pamv HB User
Unhappy Hear Heartbeat in Ear

For the past 4 weeks I have occasionally been hearing my heartbeat in my left ear with a whooshy sound. Family practice Dr said fluid in ear and gave me a Z-pak which cleared up the sinus headache and lightheadness - but I still hear heartbeat when I turn head or bend over - stops when i change positions or move head different direction. Funny thing is that I don't notice it in morning - usually starts in the afternoon. Went to ENT who said ears are clear now - no fluid - everything looks good. Had Cartroid artery ultrasound a few months ago and everything fine - MRI 2 years ago for sinus problems and that was fine. ENT says ignore it and if it gets worse we can always do a CAT scan with an angiogram.

THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS! Any advice or info? Thanks!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
(female)

jankyle HB User
Re: Hear Heartbeat in Ear

Hi i cant help you with your problem but i can sympathise i have the same problem in my ears as soon as i put my head to a pillow and it keeps me awake all night, i have had it for years some times i think i am going crazy, so if you have had any advise please tell me i would be very grateful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
(female)

pamv HB User
Re: Hear Heartbeat in Ear

Thanks for answering, Jankyle. There are so many people I'm reading about on these Boards that hear this 24 hours a day so I guess I shouldn't complain. It's so weird that I don't notice it the first part of the day and I start hearing it occasionally in the afternoon. I have a desk job so it's not like I'm out exercising or anything. I notice it some when I first go to bed, but I change positions and it seems to be gone the rest of the night. Do you have yours during the day, too?

Closed Thread