It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
(male)

brad85 HB User
Broken nose, what should i do?

Hey,

Last friday i got punched in the face and my nose is broken. It isn't crooked but it is a little deformed, and noticable upon a visual examination. I can breath out of the broken part of my nose pretty well when its not filled with mucus (i have been blowing my nose constantly since saturday morning), and It does not hurt unless i touch it, and even then its minor pain. It is absolutely broken though, i can feel the bone displaced. I had a wicked black eye, and blood even seeped to the other side of the nose, making a minor bruise near my other eye.

I would go to the doctor but i dont have insurance and an urgent care clinic is $70 to diagnose. The doctor will state the obvious, telling me i have a broken nose, and either say i should get it put back into place or get surgery. I imagine either of those options will cost a load of money, which i dont have.

I'm just worried about it healing all f'ed up, and i would like it to be normal looking, even though the deformed appearence is subtle. I tried moving the bone around myself, but it won't budge. Is there anything i can do? Or is there something a doctor could do that would not cost over $200 without insurance, and completely fix my nose? I would really appreciate advice on what to do cause i can't afford $70 bucks to have the doctor tell me i need to pay $1000 plus to get it fixed. Well thanks for your time and i appreciate it.

Oh, and if my nose heals all the way, and i did get insurance in the future, would i be able to get it fixed at that point?

Last edited by brad85; 05-07-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread